It seems we all survived the Mayan Apocalypse, so we can move on to a brand new year full of the possibility of a Zombie Apocalypse (not that I believe in that one either). I am starting out this year with a bang and actually getting a post out in the first week of the year – yay me! I have been writing these top content posts for almost every year since my blog began (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2011; I never got around to posting a 2010 list – which is fitting because I can’t recall anything about the year 2010 – apparently there should have been lots of wine reviews that year 😉 ). I always find this list to be pretty interesting and this year is no exception – it has several of the same ol’ posts that seem to trend to the top each year and some new ones. So on with the list…
- Hell just froze over is at the top this year. I am guessing the reason somehow ties to the Mayan Apocalypse, but I really can’t be certain.
- A favorite post around here is a simple post listing the books in what I thought, at the time, was titled the Women of the Underworld Series. I did finally finish reading all the books in the series, but there are still some novellas that include characters from the series that I haven’t read.
- A new one to this list, and it managed to land itself in the top of the list, is about the Indoor marshmallow toaster. It is a post that links over to a how to make one page on another site. I still maintain that it is the cutest little marshmallow toaster I have ever seen.
- I guess there are lots of people out there who put their dogs on motorcycles, since Dog Helmets is again on this list. I never tried to put a helmet on my dog or put her on my bike. But best of luck to those of you who accomplished one or both of these things.
- Back on this list this year is The price of beauty? – a post that still gives me the heebie geebies.
- The number 6 spot this year goes to… Sexy Female Professions. Still a pretty good list – in my opinion. Although, I would still add vampire hunter to the list if I wrote it again.
- Collectible VHS appears on this list again this year. I have been thinking about this and I have come to the conclusion that a VHS tape is only collectible if it is signed by someone from the movie or it is not something you can get in any other format. Otherwise, it is just a dust collector on your shelf – unless you still have a VCR. I donated almost all of mine to the local library a few years ago.
- A new one to this list is my post about the Personality detector. It is an interesting device for which I proposed alternative uses.
- Another new one to this list is If you build it, he will come. It is about my favorite Doctor Who companion – K-9.
- Last on this list, we have Star Trek: A Movie List. A fun list of all the Star Trek movies in my favorites order.
That’s it for 2012. I’m looking forward to a joyful 2013. Cheers!