How’s this for irony. I write a post about writing and then fall off the face of the Earth for a whole month (which means no writing – hence the irony part). The last couple of months have been pretty busy for me and I haven’t had the time to write as much as I wanted to. I do have the WordPress iPhone app, but I couldn’t even manage to find two minutes to add a post through it (okay I probably had two minutes of time, but by then I was too tired to come up with anything worth writing/reading). The good news is that if things do manage to go back to normal anytime soon, then I will have plenty of material to use for posts – YAY!
Meanwhile, here is my top 10 list of what people were reading in 2008:
- Pomegranate Martini – this one has made the list every year since I first posted it. I have posted other drink recipes, but this is the only one that ever receives any real interest.
- OKC Tattoo Convention – the popularity for this comes from having a picture of Kat Von D. Her popularity on my site has almost convinced me to start a fan site just for here, but since I barely have time to keep up with one site – a second site is out of the question.
- Carver One Three Wheeled Vehicle – back again for a third year on the list. The search for all things two or three wheeled spiked this year. People were seriously seeking alternative modes of transportation. I first posted about this bike in April of 2006. The vehicle was supposed to hit the US market in June of 2006. There have been several delays to their US launch dates and the anticipated date is now end of 2009 (but I don’t plan on holding my breath on that one).
- T-Rex Superbike – in keeping with the alternative vehicle theme, the short post on the t-rex made #4. I saw one of these up close and personal here in OKC this past summer. It was too dark to snap a pic of it or there would have been a post about it.
- Sexy Female Professions – I wrote this post after listening to a local radio show. The topic had quite a bit of interest over the year. Since it made the list, I might need to create a follow up to it…
- What is seen, cannot be unseen – people arrived to this particular article from all sorts of different searches.
- Jeweled headphones – a third year and holding on this list. As the popularity of the iPhone grows, so does the search for headphones.
- Peep madness – peeps are always a very popular topic around here.
- Keep your eyelash curlers handy – the popularity of this post is just as strange as the eyelashes that encouraged it in the first place.
- Top 10 Lip Balms – a favorite post of mine made the list for the third year in a row.